Nominations may be made by anyone associated with the sporting goods industry. A nominee must be an individual – not a group or company.
- Any individual who is or has been engaged in the sporting goods industry for at least 20 years can be nominated.
- The candidate should have accomplishments such as:
- Made a significant contribution to a program, organization or service directly impacting the sporting goods industry.
- Promoted the public’s awareness and appreciation of the importance of sports participation.
- Promoted the public’s awareness of the sporting goods industry as a significant and responsible member of the sporting goods community.
- The candidate must have conducted business professionally, honestly, and with integrity.
- Current NSGA Board of Directors and Sporting Goods Industry Hall of Fame Committee members are not eligible.
Elections will be by Committee based on the evaluation of documented qualifications relative to established criteria and whether or not the individual has or is making a significant lasting contribution to sports and the sporting goods industry. Fame and financial success are not criteria. Nominations for individuals outside of the United States are accepted.
To nominate a deserving individual for the Sporting Goods Industry Hall of Fame Class of 2022, click below.