Nominations may be made by anyone associated with the sporting goods industry. A nominee must be an individual – not a group or company. Elections will be by Committee based on the evaluation of documented qualifications relative to established criteria and whether or not the individual has or is making a significant lasting contribution to sports and the sporting goods industry. Fame and financial success are not criteria. Nominations for individuals outside of the United States are accepted.
- Any individual or his/her representatives who are or have been engaged for at least 20 years in the development, production or distribution of any item of equipment, apparel or footwear that is used in the pursuit of sports or fitness may be nominated.
- Must meet one of the following requirements:
- Developed and successfully manufactured a product(s) which significantly improved the performance and/or enjoyment of the athlete and/or sportsperson.
- Developed a way to significantly improve manufacturing, distribution or importing techniques of sporting goods products.
- Introduced some significant added safety features to athletic and sporting goods.
- All inventions, innovations, or first-time produced new items must have substantiating proof of claims from proper authority, and all items of mechanical nature, originality and patents must be verified.
- Current members of the Sporting Goods Industry Hall of Fame Committee are not eligible.
- Must have conducted business professionally, honestly and with integrity.
To nominate a deserving individual for the Sporting Goods Industry Hall of Fame Class of 2022, click below.