NSGA Marketing and Membership Program Intern
The Marketing and Membership Program Intern will play a crucial role in membership marketing, communications, recruitment and tracking for the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA). The Marketing and Membership Program Intern will also help with multiple projects to advance the organization’s goals, such as assisting with NSGA’s advocacy efforts, supporting the production of NSGA’s publications, developing social media campaigns and much more.
This is a unique position that allows the right candidate to gain experience and skills from all aspects of a fast-paced organization. In addition, this person will have the distinctive opportunity to play a crucial supportive role in the development of membership recruitment and retention programming. As a result, s/he will need to be proactive, creative and collaborative, and be someone who enjoys working on a small, energetic team with clear objectives and aggressive goals that promote the organization and its values.
The Marketing and Membership Program Intern will report to the Membership & Education Director and other NSGA Directors as assignments dictate. The position is paid, ranging from ($13-16 per hour depending upon skill and experience).
- Responsible for assisting the Membership Team with development and implementation of new member communications, recruitment tools and member benefits programs.
- Supports the research and writing of membership digital content, including newsletters, e-blasts, social media campaigns and website content.
- Tracks the effectiveness of membership marketing campaigns by helping to collect and measure campaign responses.
- Assists with reporting and/or providing insight to the NSGA staff on current membership projects, development best practices and member tracking.
- Assists with the development and coordination of possible regional member cultivation events.
- Participate in planning meetings and contribute ideas for NSGA magazine content. Opportunities are available for publishing own articles as well.
- Responsible for proof-reading NSGA publications, such as the print magazine NSGA Now, e-newsletters, press releases etc.
- Proactively seeks new ideas for NSGA to develop in order to add value to membership with NSGA.
- Create a list of interesting and fun sports and sports business facts for use across NSGA social media presences.
- Assist in creating marketing and communications plans for the annual NSGA Management Conference & Team Dealer Summit.
- Help to maintain member files and record keeping.
- Occasionally assists in other NSGA programmatic and office administrative activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current college student pursuing a Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, business, or other related field.
- Very strong writing, copy editing and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with databases and data analysis preferred.
- Professional experience assisting with and/or developing marketing campaigns a plus.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently with strong time-management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to non-profit and development work is preferred.
- Dedication to improvement and a knack for problem-solving.
- A sense of humor is absolutely essential for long-term success.
- A performance-driven personality with an eye for quality and detail.
Please provide a cover letter and résumé by November 28, 2016 to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, include “Summer Intern.”
No phone calls please.