Download a pdf of the job ad
Download a pdf of the job description
POSITION TITLE: Membership & Education Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruit, retain and service retailers/dealers, manufacturers, wholesalers, and sales agents as members of the Association. Manage and promote services/products offered to members and recommend additions and deletions to the service package as required. Work with all staff and assist in their daily efforts to recruit, retain, and service NSGA members.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN DETAIL:
- Build relationships that benefit NSGA. Contribute to the value of the Association’s brand in the sporting goods marketplace and contribute to the value of our team.
- Research, develop, and recommend new member products and services, and where appropriate, delete services or recommend changes to service agreements.
- Administer and maintain new membership services/products for the purpose of membership recruitment and retention. Manage the services of both members and non-members while working closely with the Association’s affinity partners to track participation in the programs.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of membership materials.
- Maintain relevant and timely knowledge regarding products and services offered by NSGA.
- Establish yearly new member and retention goals and plans for achieving these goals. Implement the plans and conduct analysis of results.
- Collaborate with the other departments at the Association to promote research offerings/advocacy activities, etc. to the general membership and prospective members.
- As assigned, travel to industry trade shows (set up/tear down booth), and represent the Association at the NSGA booth to explain member benefits programs and services.
- Manage an active lead/prospect program. Maintain appropriate records for follow-up, tracking, and analysis of recruitment activities. Develop and oversee membership recruitment campaigns and new member onboarding program. Provide relevant and easily understood reporting regarding membership statistics.
- Collaborate with the Association’s IT and research departments to coordinate the maintenance of membership records, specifically focused on maintaining the accuracy and integrity of NSGA’s database system.
- Research and recommend educational content for NSGA events and communications products (magazine, newsletters, etc.).
- Coordinate follow-up calls for membership renewals and the Annual Management Conference & Team Dealer Summit.
- Develop contact lists and track lead sources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Unquestionable integrity, commitment to advance interests of the organization, dedication to constant improvement, and the ability to work effectively for the benefit of the NSGA Team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or other directly related field. Master’s Degree or Certified Association Executive (CAE) a plus.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in membership or educational activities for an association or groups of associations.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, implement plans, and analyze results.
- Ability to provide appropriate leadership within the overall team concept, while at the same time, maintaining personal accountability for success.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Relationship Management Systems/Databases, such as Abila.
- Experience managing electronic newsletter creation, distribution and evaluation using an HTML client such as Constant Contact, and updating a website using a Content Management System.
- Ability to use social media tools including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter for the benefit of our members.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Highly developed communication skills emphasizing listening, and, seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
- Ability to travel to fulfill responsibilities.
- Ability to promote and present a favorable image, representing NSGA in the most positive light.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers (members, prospects, outside suppliers, vendors) by telephone, fax, email and personal contact.
- A great sense of humor and ability to function effectively as a part of a high-performance team.