NSGA ReSEARCH OFFERINGS
Visit the offerings page for more details on the reports available for purchase
NSGA PUBLIC RESEARCH RESOURCES
Sporting Goods Stores - Census Data
- Number of stores by region (total, full-line, specialty, athletic footwear, # of firms)
- Based on US Economic Census
Sporting Goods Industry FAQ pdf
- What products are considered part of the industry?
- What companies are part of the industry?
- Overall size of the industry?
- Key drivers of industry?
- Current trends of industry?
NSGA Member Research Resources
The following content is designed for NSGA members only. Please login to see the content or join NSGA today!
- Retailers/Team Dealers
Topline Industry Figures
- 2015 NSGA Sports Participation Rankings
- Total Participation Points by Major Segment: 1990's - Current
- Total Participation Points by Major Segment: 2015 vs 2014
- Sporting Goods Retail Sales: % Change 2006-2015
Total Sporting Goods
Equipment, Footwear and Clothing
Top 10: % Change by Category for 2015 vs 2014
- Channel of Purchase Outlet Shares: 2015
- Driving Impulse Sales at Retail
- Measurement of Advertising Impact
- Understanding Unplanned Purchases
- Utilizing Cross Participation Data for Merchandising
Top 10 Full-Line Sporting Goods Retailers
- Total Stores per State Among Top 10 Full-Line Retailers in US
- Number of Top 10 Full-Line Retailers by State
- Stores per State for Each Top 10 Full-Line Retailer
- 5 Year History of Total Stores in the US for Each Top 10 Full-Line Retailer